“Energetica India: Please introduce Energetica India readers to Ningbo Ginlong Technologies”
Sweety Arya:Established in 2005, Ginlong Solis is one of the oldest and largest global string inverter specialists that manufacture string inverters for converting DC to AC power and interacting with utility grid, which help reduce the carbon footprint of human society. Residential, commercial and utility scale solar market include home owners, business owners, utilities, solar developers and investors benefit from a complete product line of ultra-reliable, bankable, cost effective and innovative string inverter technologies, selling under Ginlong Solis brands.
These products are installed globally, optimized for local markets and serviced by local experienced teams, to deliver significant long-term return on investment for stakeholders and accelerate the transition to a more sustainable future.
Ginlong Solis inverter is listed on Approved Vendor Lists of leading banks and financing institutes. Third party inverter qualification testing was completed by DNVGL. Ginlong Solis inverter products have an outstanding field record in the India, since introducing the product line to the India in 2016.
Ginlong Solis India is headquartered in Mumbai, warehoused in Mumbai, offers SOLIS training programs and live, local technical support nationwide.
Some of our prestigious achievements include:
EUPD Top Brand PV Inverter Brand award in 2016&2017&2018
Rank 5 at Global single-phase string inverter market shares (MWac) in 2016&2017 -GTM Research
Rank 4 at Global Three-phase string inverter market shares (MWac) in 2017 -GTM Research
Ginlong Solis inverters are installed at Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Ginlong is a publicly traded company.
“Energetica India: What is the USP of Ginglong’s solar inverters?”
Sweety Arya: The new 4G string inverters have unique advantages compared to those conventional inverters in the market.
The first strength is its performance improvement, 4G represents the 4th generation.
• The 4G inverter uses brand new 4G inverter technology platform, the new product can have a maximum of 2 MPPT tracking; and can be extended to 4 MPPT.
• Multi-channel MPPT technology is one of the key factors in increasing electricity output.
• The common single-phase inverters generally can only achieve a maximum of 2 MPPT, The new product uses the latest 5th generation of German Infineon IGBT chip technology, whereas others generally use the 3rd generation product.
• The 5th generation of IGBT can increase the efficiency by 0.5-0.8% compared with the former generation.
• The new US TI2806 series DSP chip technology was adopted, and its CPU processing speed and PWM resolution have increased 50% over the generally-adopted 2803 series.
• The switching frequency of the inverter exceeds 30kHZ, whereas the common inverters are usually at 20kHZ or below, and this in turn, will greatly reduce the inductance loss and at the same time results in lower temperature increase. With the ambient temperature lower for every 10 degrees, the electronic components lifespan can be doubled each time. The noise frequency range that can be captured by human being is below 20 kHz, and the 4G product breakthrough the switching frequency of 30 kHz, and hence brings the users a real pure mute mode.
• The innovated main circuit board design greatly improves EMC+EMS performances of the inverter as well.
The second strength is its safety improvement, the product applies hardware dead zone technology and achieves double safety guarantee.
• Customers can choose to use AFCI anti arc device. Previously there was almost no method to automatically prevent the fire in case the PV system caught a fire. With this technical application, Solis 4G inverter can promptly detect the fire on the rooftop. Even if the components and wire terminals produce arc ignition due to poor contact, the inverter can automatically cut off the circuit within the shortest period of time to put off arc ignition. It can help fire escape by 99%.
The third strength is its grid-friendliness improvement.
• Solis uses a built-in EPM module to realize the intelligent scheduling of the grid. In other words, the grid can realize the intelligent control of the 4G inverter through EPM protocols, and achieve optimal grid dispatch under large scale distributed system grid access conditions.
• The new active voltage stabilization technology stabilizes the local grid voltage through no-power compensation, At present, the grids in rural areas are generally not in good condition, and the inverter access will cause voltage fluctuation of the grid. The common method used by a conventional inverter is to loosen up its voltage range to passively adapt to this situation. Solis 4G inverter, on the other hand, sends inductive or capacitive reactive power to proactively compensate for it, in this way, it can flat the grid fluctuations and stabilize the local grid voltage. This technology is currently widely adopted in large-scale power plants in rural areas with weak grid condition, and the improvement is very obvious.
Ginlong Solis is willing to take the responsibility on behalf of the industry, bringing a high-end, independently innovated brand new inverter technology platform.
“Energetica India: What is your outlook on the Indian solar market?”
Sweety Arya: India has a massive need for energy. Its per capita consumption of electricity is less than one third the world’s average. To meet its target of generating 100 GW of solar energy by 2022, India has installed solar parks on large tracts of unused land across the country.
Now, thanks to a new partnership between the World Bank and the State Bank of India (SBI), India’s largest bank, the market for rooftop solar has also begun to take off. This will further boost India’s rooftop market, increasing the need for string inverters. The basic model is string inverter 20-60kW with three phase.
Residential rooftop is increasing rapidly but not stable enough, because of each state in the country has a different policy which keeps on changing as well. Inspite of this, the trend is clear in terms of marketing growth. The basic model may be 1P_1K-10K and the installed capacity will be 300MW in 2018.
“Energetica India: What kind of products is the company offering in the Indian market?”
Sweety Arya: At the present stage, Ginlong solis inverter based on specific functions can be roughly divided into:
• MINI inverter,
• Single-phase inverter,
• 5-20KW three-phase inverter,
• 20-40kW three-phase,
• 50-70kW three-phase inverter and energy storage inverter
We can supply full series string inverter from 0.7kW to 70kW.
“Energetica India: Please introduce our readers to your Energy Monitoring System?”
Sweety Arya:Our Data Logging Stick allows you to receive information from your inverter to keep you informed about the situation of your wind or PV system, and the atmosphere conditions thanks to our Ginlong web server, accessible via Wi-Fi or GPRS.
In addition, the intelligent data terminal is used to connect the communication system and real-time monitoring system to achieve the purpose of group control.
• Solis inverter data monitoring, communication and gateway integration, Full suite of monitoring capabilities including Sun Spec compliance
• RS485 Communication Protocol for Single and three phase data
“Energetica India: What kind of innovations or R&D focus can we expect from solar inverters over the next 3-5 years?”
Sweety Arya: Ginlong is concentrating on further improving the products with focus on higher efficiency, higher capacity and higher density.
Mani Khurana, World Bank Discusses the SUPRABHA Initiative from the World Bank & MNRE
Mr. Arun Sharma, Sterlite Power discusses Prospect for Renewable Energy Integration to The Grid
Energetica India speaks to Venkatesh Dwivedi, EESL to gather insights into its 10-years journey
Energetica India speaks to Mr. Yukun Hu, Sungrow India on the company’s inverter technology