Tanaka Develops Active Brazing Filler Metal/Copper Composite Material for Power Devices
Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo, which operates the Tanaka Precious Metals manufacturing business, developed an active brazing filler metal/copper composite material for power devices that can reduce processing times.
July 20, 2021. By News Bureau
The new product is a composite (cladding) of copper (Cu) material with active brazing filler metal on one side. Since it can be joined directly to any material including ceramics (oxides, nitrides, and carbides) and carbon materials, it is expected that it will be used in ceramic substrates and next-generation heat sinks for power devices. In addition, Tanaka can make various proposals tailored to customer needs ranging from supply of prototypes using this product to brazing processes, testing, and evaluation.
- The thick Cu electrodes needed for high heat dissipation heat sinks can be formed Directly on ceramics, which was difficult to do with existing etching processes. This makes possible even finer wiring pitch.
- Since the material does not contain any solvents, there is no residue and bonding reliability is improved.
- The brazing filler thickness can be 10 μm (micrometers) or less, which means that compared to earlier active brazing filler metal, silver bullion costs can be reduced by half or more and the brazing filler thermal resistance is halved.
- The Cu material is compounded, which means that a pattern can be formed simply by setting the material, reducing processing costs.
- Since the material contains no solvents, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are not released.
In addition, the brazing time can be greatly reduced, which leads to energy savings and can be expected to reduce environmental impact.
As a result of these features, this product can be used in a wide range of semiconductor applications, with expectations particularly high for deployment in the heat dissipation field.
In the power devices market, higher outputs and increased efficiency are demanded, and in conjunction with this, heat generation is rising.
Tanaka plans to begin full-scale sample shipments in 2021 and establish a mass production system in 2023.
please contact: email@example.com.
Energy From Waste 2023
March 15, 2023
SNEC 16th (2022) International Photovoltaic Power Generation and Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition
December 27, 2022
Hydrogen Technology Conference and Expo
October 19, 2022
Renewable Energy India Expo 2022 - Crystal Edition
September 28, 2022
EV India 2022
September 07, 2022
Policymakers should incentivize private players who are actively contributing to RE