SAP India Signs MoU with TERI to Jointly Support India’s Sustainability Agenda
Enterprise application software services provider SAP India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with policy think-tank The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) to mutually support India’s larger sustainability agenda.
January 17, 2022. By Manu Tayal
Further, the partnership would aim to achieve sustainability in all aspects of operations, service delivery and governance across key industries, societies, and government.
Commenting on the development, Kulmeet Bawa, President, and Managing Director, SAP Indian Subcontinent, said, “India is the world's fourth biggest emitter of carbon dioxide and we have to take action now to ensure the next generation has a better future. We also understand that sustainability is a team sport, and building a vibrant ecosystem is the best approach to accelerate our pledge to achieve Net-Zero. SAP, together with TERI, is committed to join forces that march towards India’s vision of becoming a carbon neutral nation by 2030.”
Recent reports have revealed that India’s top 250 companies contribute 36 per cent of the country’s total green-house gas emissions.
In line with this, the two organisations have come together to combat climate change and ensure a sustainable future.
Under the MoU, TERI will provide its domain expertise in sustainability, specifically in the energy and resources sectors, while SAP India will help through its technologies to enable business processes, collaboration with value chains, tracking and reporting capabilities to achieve sustainability.
“It is the responsibility of every organization in the country to ensure they drive their business sustainably. It is extremely pleasing to see SAP India’s efforts to not only facilitate sustainable growth for itself but the nation at large. Only through a joint effort by the entire nation can we negate the impact of climate change and bring about real, impactful solutions,” said Dr. Vibha Dhawan, Director General, TERI.
The key focus areas of the partnership include:
- Climate Change Awareness: to steer action and support the larger sustainability agenda in India.
- By accelerating climate change ambitions across industries helping their transition to a low carbon economy.
- Resources and Sustainability Audit: to jointly offer sector-specific audit and efficiency improvement services and guidance.
- Enabling industries to drive actions through sustainability reporting and analysis aligned to a global framework for the good of the environment, society and economy.
- Impact on Policy
- Support government to make informed sustainability related policy decisions through a data-driven approach that further helps to monitor the impact based on Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)achievements.
- Build a Net-Zero Path: Knowledge sharing and learnings of best practices, through the creation of case studies, success stories, and whitepapers, from key industries like Energy, Waste management, Government, and others.
please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hydrogen Technology Conference and Expo
October 19, 2022
EV India 2022
September 07, 2022
Solar PV World Expo 2022 (PV Guangzhou )
August 10, 2022
June 10, 2022
International SAP Conference for Energy
May 17, 2022
Director – Market Development
We are focusing on growing our lower-emission fuels business
CMD & CEO
India is expected to witness a drastic change in its carbon markets in the next 1 to 3 Yrs