Renesas High-Performance PMIC Delivers Complete Power Solution to Reduce Design Time
Renesas Electronics Corporation a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, introduced the RAA215300 PMIC (Power Management IC) optimized to complement Renesas’ RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L microprocessors (MPUs) designed for AI-enabled applications.
August 05, 2021. By News Bureau
The RAA215300 includes six buck regulators, three LDOs and a coin cell/supercap charger. It supports DDR4, DDR4L, DDR3 and DDR3L memory with dedicated VREF, VTT and VPP rails. The new PMIC enables four-layer printed-circuit boards, which reduce costs. The high level of integration also increases system reliability due to fewer system components needed on the board.
The RAA215300 pairs with the RZ/G2L, RZ/V2L and several other Renesas offerings in a Winning Combination for Scalable SMARC (Smart Mobility ARChitecture) SoM System on Module with AI design In addition to the Renesas MPU and PMIC, this Winning Combination includes power controllers, a USB PD controller, and a clock device from Renesas. Renesas offers over 250 of these Winning Combinations that consist of complementary analog, power, timing devices and embedded processing, and provide an easy to use architecture. They simplify the design process and significantly reduce design risk for customers in a wide variety of applications.
“Customers of our RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L MPUs will enjoy the performance advantages and ease-of-design of the RAA215300,” said Andrew Cowell, Vice President, Mobility, Infrastructure and IoT Power Business Division at Renesas. “In addition, its high integration and rich feature set makes it an excellent choice for consumer, industrial and SoM applications.”
Key Features of the RAA215300
- Optimized for Renesas RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L, LC, UL MPUs
- Nine high-performance power channels
- Built-in power sequencer and support for external DC/DC regulator on/off controls
- Supports multiple DDR memories
- Built-in real-time clock and coin cell battery / super cap charger
- Supports -40°C to 105°C ambient temperature for industrial applications
- Supports single cell Li-Ion battery applications
- Improves system power efficiency with VTT buck regulator instead of LDO
- Supports multiple processors and SoCs
- Spread Spectrum to reduce EMI for RF applications
- Ultrasonic Mode to eliminate audible noise coupling into microphones or speakers
- Built-in watch dog timer for secure system power up before any software is running
- Fully configurable with built-in EEPROM
please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy From Waste 2023
March 15, 2023
SNEC 16th (2022) International Photovoltaic Power Generation and Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition
December 27, 2022
Hydrogen Technology Conference and Expo
October 19, 2022
Renewable Energy India Expo 2022 - Crystal Edition
September 28, 2022
EV India 2022
September 07, 2022
Policymakers should incentivize private players who are actively contributing to RE