Panasonic has announced that it has secured an alliance and procurement agreement with Chinese solar energy solutions provider GS-Solar Company Ltd. in the arena of photovoltaic technology.
Under the pact, GS-Solar will obtain Panasonic’s solar manufacturing subsidiary, Panasonic Energy Malaysia, while founding a new company with Panasonic. With the Chinese firm holding a 90 percent share and Panasonic owning the remaining 10%, the two companies will jointly operate and invest in a new company in Japan, focused on the research and development of HIT technology.
GS will integrate Panasonic’s cutting-edge innovations and manufacturing technologies in the field of HIT, combining these with its own competencies to drive progress and breakthrough developments in efficient heterojunction technology for the development of the energy industry. The collaboration also enables the company to help start the industrialisation and large-scale expansion of next-generation heterojunction technologies on a global scale.
GS-Solar has been specialising in solar cell technology research and development and product manufacturing for more than 10 years, with an aim towards playing a leading role in achieving grid parity. Through this collaboration, it will take a leading global position in the field of photovoltaic application with its heterojunction technology. The company’s exceptional technological achievements have been highly commended by Panasonic.
The collaboration will also see Panasonic actively mobilize energy storage technologies, home energy management systems and emergency power storage systems, as well as other new energy resources, to help support the development of advanced heterojunction technologies and improve their product competitiveness.
In addition, the company will further integrate the HEMS, PV modules, storage batteries, ECO Cute heat pump systems, and electric vehicle charging solutions. Panasonic will also expand the scope of collaboration with GS, with areas of common development including zero energy consumption buildings (ZEH), the adaption of new energy management systems to the era of feed-in tariff subsidies, and the application of many solar energy-related products and technologies to emergency power energy storage systems for use during natural disasters.
Energetic India speaks with Dr. Gundu Sabde, CMD, RelyOn Solar.
Energetica India speaks with Mr.RAY LUIZ, Country Manager – India, Shenzhen Kstar New Energy Co
Energetica India catches up with Mr Manish Gupta , President , North India Module Manufacturer
UBM India speaks to Energetica India on UBM's role in India's Renewable energy sector.
Energetica India team catches up with the Sunshot Technologies to learn more about the company