Govt Issues Guidelines for Transparency in Buying and Selling of Registered Vehicles via Dealers
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has recently issued a notification for promoting ease of doing business and transparency in the sale and purchase of registered vehicles through dealers.
December 28, 2022. By Manu Tayal
The pre-owned car market in India has been gradually gaining ground. In recent years, the advent of online marketplaces, which are involved in buying and selling of pre-owned vehicles has further given a boost to this market.
In the current ecosystem, many issues were being faced viz. during the transfer of a vehicle to the subsequent transferee, disputes in regard to third-party damage liabilities, difficulty in determination of defaulter etc.
The Ministry has now amended Chapter III of Central Motor Vehicle Rules, 1989 to build a comprehensive regulatory ecosystem for the pre-owned car market.
The key provisions of the proposed rules are as follows:
1. An authorization certificate for the dealers of registered vehicles has been introduced to identify the authenticity of a dealer.
2. Furthermore, the procedure for intimation of delivery of the vehicle between the registered owner and the dealer has been detailed.
3. The powers and responsibilities of a dealer in possession of registered vehicles have also been clarified.
4. Dealers have been empowered to apply for renewal of registration certificate/ renewal of certificate of fitness, duplicate registration certificate, NOC, transfer of ownership, of motor vehicles in their possession.
5. As a regulatory measure, maintenance of an electronic vehicle trip register has been mandated which would contain details of the trip undertaken viz. trip purpose, driver, time, mileage etc.
The Ministry further said that these rules will aid in recognizing and empowering intermediaries/ dealers of registered vehicles as well as provide adequate safeguards against fraudulent activities in the selling or purchasing of such vehicles.
please contact: email@example.com.
SNEC 17th (2024) International Photovoltaic Power Generation and Smart Energy Conference & Exhibition
June 04, 2024
EV NEPAL EXPO
December 08, 2023
The Renewable Energy India Expo(REI)-2023
October 04, 2023
Renewable Energy India Awards (REI Awards)
October 05, 2023
Founder & CEO
Gruner Renewable Energy to establish India's first-ever Napier Grass bioCNG plant
Founder & Managing Director
Technological, environmental and economic factors to propel the energy storage industry
Airtouch Robotic Cleaning to Increase Power Generation of Amplus Solar Project by 1.2 Percent
Director & Co-Founder
Navitas Solar to add manufacturing capacity by another 1.2 GW per annum