2021 US Green Building Council India and SE Asia Leadership Award Recipients Announced
The US Green Building Council (USGBC) announced its 2021 USGBC Leadership Award recipients in India and Southeast Asia during its USGBC Live virtual conference. The USGBC Leadership Awards recognize the exemplary leadership of individuals and organizations contributing to the creation of sustainable, healthier, equitable and resilient buildings, cities.
June 10, 2021. By News Bureau
The US Green Building Council (USGBC) announced its 2021 USGBC Leadership Award recipients in India and Southeast Asia during its USGBC Live virtual conference. The USGBC Leadership Awards recognize the exemplary leadership of individuals and organizations contributing to the creation of sustainable, healthier, equitable and resilient buildings, cities and communities.
“At USGBC, we believe that healthy people in healthy places equals a healthy economy and it is only because of the leadership of organizations and individuals like our award recipients that this vision can become a global reality,” said Gopalakrishnan Padmanabhan, Managing Director, Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
“In what has been a very challenging year for everyone around the world, the green building industry has continued to carry on. In India and Southeast Asia, organizations, governments and private industry are continuing to think about innovative ways to create green projects that lower carbon emissions and contribute to a healthier society. USGBC is proud to partner with them to advance our collective mission of a sustainable future for all,” he added.
The 2021 USGBC Leadership Award recipients for India and Southeast Asia region are:
- Ministry of Health in Malaysia – The Ministry of Health certified the first and only government hospital in Southeast Asia, Sultana Maliha in Langkawi, through LEED Operations and Management certification for Existing Buildings and has committed to retrofitting 10 existing government hospital buildings under LEED for Operations and Management.
- The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) – As the source of much of the world’s textile supply and one of the largest trade associations in the country, BGMEA is leading the way to reduce the environmental costs of production in the apparel industry by ensuring 629 participating LEED projects spanning around 130 mn sq ft from Bangladesh
- KFC/Yum! – As the operator of the chain restaurant brand KFC, Yum! Is committed to building outstanding restaurants in Thailand with 11 LEED certified KFC outlets in the country and creating a ‘Building Green Program’ that advocates for and enables KFC franchisees to follow the brand’s construction standards.
- RPSG Group and CESC House – The RP-Sanjiv Goenka Group undertook the challenge of retrofitting the CESC House – the company's headquarter and one of the prominent heritage buildings of the city of Kolkata in India and became Platinum certified
- MGM Healthcare – MGM Healthcare in Chennai, India, is Southeast Asia’s largest newly constructed LEED Platinum certified healthcare facility and has been acknowledged as South Asia's highest ranking green building.
- ITC Hotels – The Indian hotel chain’s entire suite of hotels is LEED Platinum certified, and the ITC Windsor in Bengaluru is also the first hotel in the world to achieve LEED Zero Carbon certification.
- CtrlS Data Centers – CtrlS Data Centers in India is one of the largest data center providers in the world to be accredited with LEED Platinum certification for its portfolio of projects.
- Embassy Group – India’s leading real estate development firms has 30 million sq ft of LEED participating projects footprint across India a nd has committed to ensuring that all ongoing and future projects in their portfolio are designed to achieve LEED certification.
The USGBC Leadership Awards featured at USGBC Live recognize these notable green building projects, companies and individuals in the region over the last year and recognize the hard work put forth to create healthy, sustainable spaces.
USGBC Live is a new event that combines the expertise of the largest community of green building leaders with the data, insights, stories and leadership from the thousands of LEED and green building projects around the globe to produce insightful and engaging conversations about the future of buildings, cities and communities. Held virtually, the three-day event offers localized content channels across different regions in the U.S. and abroad, with sessions on topics that provide innovative ways to push the industry.
please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.