India’s newest energy event, the Power Industry India Conference, will be launched on 30 – 31 August 2012 at the Le Meridien Hotel in New Delhi.
Power Industry India connects local and international power companies with the Indian government and policy-makers. The Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal and Ministry of New & Renewable Energy of the Government of India have confirmed their support.
The Honourable Minister of Coal, Sriprakash Jaiswal will open the conference by giving a keynote presentation on ‘The Future of Coal Generation and Supply in India’.
Other key speakers include, but are not limited, to:
• Dr. Pramod Deo, Chairman, Central Electricity Regulatory Commission
• Dr Prodipto Ghosh, Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India & Member, Prime Minister's Council on Climate Change
• Kishore Jayaraman, President, Rolls Royce India
• Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, Managing Director, CLP India
• Marcus Brueckner, Senior Vice President, Fossil Power Generation South Asia and Middle East, Siemens Energy
• Plus many others.
Over 150 attendees are expected to participate and hear about key topics, including project financing, regulatory policies promoting investment, power plant developments, technology programmes, plus much more.
Nick Ornstien, Confex Business Director, ITE Group Plc states: “In light of the recent power outages across India, Power Industry India provides a timely platform for local and international power companies to converge and discuss solutions for helping India overcome nationwide challenges in power supply and distribution”.
Power Industry India is officially supported by the Ministry of Coal; Ministry of Power; Ministry of New & Renewable Energy of the Government of India, UK Trade and Investment, Indian Wind Energy Association, The Energy Resource Institute Business Council for Sustainable Development and the Independent Power Producers Association of India.
To register or for more information about the agenda, visit the official website at www.powerindustry-events.com/india or call +44 (0) 207 596 5109.