On 20.09.2017, Secretary Coal chaired a meeting to review the coal supply situation to various power plants of the country. This meeting was attended by Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary from Ministry of Power, Chairman Central Electricity Authority (CEA) & senior officials of Ministry of Coal, Railways and CEA.
• In this meeting, the Principal Secretary of the energy department of Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and CMD of State Gencos of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and CMD of National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) and Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) participated through video conferencing.
• CMD Coal India Limited (CIL) informed that in the month of September, 2017, the coal supply to the power plants has been 20% more as compared to the coal supply in the same period in the month of September 2016.
• It was decided that the power plants located within a 60 km range of the mine pit heads shall augment their coal supplies by lifting coal through road or MGR. Railway rakes which get freed up due to this exercise shall be diverted to the other power plants of the State/Central Genco. It was projected that about 30-35 rakes of additional coal shall be supplied to the distant power plants of the State/Central Gencos.
• Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited (UPRVUNL) agreed to lift a quantity of about 20,000 tonnes per day ( which is equivalent to 4 rakes) from the pit head mines of Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) for its Annapara power plant and CIL agreed to supply additional four rakes of coal to the Paricha and Harduaganj power plants of UPRVUNL.
• The CMD CIL mentioned that coal supply to the power plants was expected to increase as a result of this exercise and it was decided to further review the situation after few days.
• CMD CIL, also stated that CIL has stepped up the supplies to the power sector and the coal supplies shall be further increased in the coming few days.
Energetica India speaks with Mr.RAY LUIZ, Country Manager – India, Shenzhen Kstar New Energy Co
Energetica India catches up with Mr Manish Gupta , President , North India Module Manufacturer
UBM India speaks to Energetica India on UBM's role in India's Renewable energy sector.
Energetica India team catches up with the Sunshot Technologies to learn more about the company
Energetica India team catches up with the ProfEC Ventus Team.