Honeywell announced Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport as India’s smartest building, at the Network 18 and Honeywell Smart Building Awards for 2017. Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, minister of state (independent charge) in the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, was Honeywell’s chief guest at the function. “I congratulate Network 18 and Honeywell for recognizing buildings that have done outstanding work in the smart building space,” said Puri. “I hope these awards will generate awareness about smart buildings. Smart buildings should be the norm, not an exception.”
IGI Airport has consistently improved upon its commitment to be India’s smartest building, winning this same award for three consecutive years. The airport also captured the awards for being the Smartest Airport Building, and as the Greenest, the Safest, and the Most Productive Building in India. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport shared the awards for being the Smartest Airport Building, and as the Greenest, and the Most Productive Building in India. The Infosys Software Development Building 11 shared the award for being the country’s Safest Building and also the award for the Smartest Single Occupant Private Office Building in India.
“We are fulfilling India’s long-term sustainability and urban development goals, and will continue to do so in line with the 100 Smart Cities Mission,” said Vikas Chadha, president, Honeywell India. “We are encouraged by the increased interest and participation from the commercial building and facility management community. The awards strengthen our commitment to making buildings green, safe, and productive.”
Twelve other buildings were named smartest in their respective market segments. Applicants were evaluated using the Honeywell Smart Building ScoreTM, a first-of-its-kind global tool to measure building smartness.
“Smart buildings are the fundamental building blocks of smart cities,” said Karl Mahoney, vice president and general manager of Asia Pacific, Honeywell Building Solutions. “For us at Honeywell, a smart building is one that is connected, safe, comfortable, energy efficient and, ultimately, helps improve the quality of life for its occupants and users. We are very pleased to recognize every participant for their continued investment in smart building solutions.”
The national winners across the 13 building verticals were:
· Smartest Building: Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi)
· Smartest 4 Star Hotel: Ginger Hotel (Andheri, Mumbai)
· Smartest 5 Star Hotel: ITC Maurya (New Delhi)
· Smartest Large Airports: Indira Gandhi International Airport (New Delhi) and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai)
· Smartest Mid-Sized Airport: New Integrated Terminal Chandigarh Airport (Mohali)
· Smartest Luxury Residential Building: Omkar 1973 (Worli, Mumbai)
· Smartest Residential Building: Amanora Aspire (Pune)
· Smartest Educational Building: Indian School of Business (Hyderabad)
· Smartest Hospital Building: Apollo Hospitals International Limited (Ahemadabad)
· Smartest Industrial Building: Havells India Limited Building No. 1 (Faridabad)
· Smartest Retail Building: DLF Mall of India (Noida)
· Smartest Multi-Tenant Private Offices: DLF Infinity and DLF Building No. 10 (Gurgaon)
· Smartest Single Occupant Private Office: Infosys Software Development Building 11 (Pune)
· Smartest Social and Community Space Building: Software Technology Parks of India - Incubation and Data Centre (Mohali)
Energetica India speaks with Mr.RAY LUIZ, Country Manager – India, Shenzhen Kstar New Energy Co
Energetica India catches up with Mr Manish Gupta , President , North India Module Manufacturer
UBM India speaks to Energetica India on UBM's role in India's Renewable energy sector.
Energetica India team catches up with the Sunshot Technologies to learn more about the company
Energetica India team catches up with the ProfEC Ventus Team.