Darren Woods, chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil—the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company—will deliver keynote remarks at CERAWeek 2017, March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
Mr. Woods will participate in a special keynote dialogue with Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit and conference chair. The remarks will be among his first major conference appearances since becoming Chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil on January 1, 2017 after previously serving as president of the company.
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
“We are pleased to welcome Darren Woods to CERAWeek 2017 and are very appreciative of his joining us,” Dr. Yergin said. “Through numerous domestic and international positions across the energy value chain leading to his latest position as chairman and CEO, he possesses a breadth and depth of knowledge that will be a major contribution to the important discussions about the future of energy at this year’s conference.”
CERAWeek 2017: Pace of Change: Building a New Energy Future will focus on the changing market at a time of turbulence and uncertainty. The program will examine new forces at work; explore the strategies to meet competitive dynamics and the impact of technology, government policies and the global economy. Nearly 3,000 delegates from more than 60 countries are expected to attend this year’s conference.
CERAWeek 2017 will feature more than 350 speakers including:
• H.E. Khalid A Al-Falih, minister of energy, industry and mineral resources, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, chairman of the board, Saudi Aramco
• H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
• Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
• Energy ministers from more than 12 countries
• CEOs from more than 20 oil and gas companies
• CEOs from more than 15 power and renewable companies
• CEOs from more than 15 global technology companies
• CEOs and senior leaders from more than 15 financial companies
• 3 United States Senators
Mr. Naveen Munjal talks to Energetica India about India's Power T&D Sector & its future ahead
Mr. Rishi Seth speaks to Energetica India on the Company’s Success in the Indian Solar Industry
Energetica India catches up with Imaan Javan to learn more about Suntuity REI plans for India
Energetica India speaks to Dr. Arunabha Ghosh to learn about CEEW & Views on Energy Transition